Thursday, January 8, 2009

So the other day I was talking to my friend who was stressing out over school and other teenage stuff. And I am the worst at stressing out, especially over school related stuff. This is what advice I gave her about it (some stuff as been changed, of course) but I thought that this was a good reminder to myself because I often let life, stupid boys, school, and drama get the best of me.


"Okay.So i know school can be crazy stressful, like...I have meltdowns all the time. First, go to your room, lock the door and turn up some music with beat that will keep you singing, Let everything out and cry out all your feelings. Punch a pillow, jump on your bed, take a warm (or cold) shower, take a bubble bath, do your hair and makeup AMAZINGLY and then take a million pictures of urself, just because. Do something to get your mind of everything. Write everything out; every feeling, frustration, anxiety, anything. Write it. Scribble it! When you feel better, take a deep breath, say a prayer for comfort, strength, and knowledge. Then open your scriptures randomly and just start reading. Flip over a few chapters and read something there. I know that there are answers to anything in there and with the help of Heavenly Father, he can help us find them and take them in differently than we might if we were just skimming throught before bed. Well, that doesnt stop everything for forever, but it helps.

You will do great....dont freak yourself out. You have an amazing talent. Ask heavenly father for strength, you'll get it. Keep practicing, keep believing in yourself, dont underestimate yourself.Dont be afraid to ask for help.And...I still havent figured out the whole boy thing yet. I do the exact same things and act and feel the exact same way. I'm not sure why we plan out everything in our heads, but then totaly freeze when it comes down to it. Boys do that to us. And it sucks. I would say that the best thing to do is talking to them. But we both know how hard that can be. My best recomendation is my first paragraph ;) "


If you want me to take this down (you know who you are) message me and I'll have no objections.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment